"New post so soon?" Yes, I hear you all asking me that and I have a post totally worthy. I just made crumb cake for one in a coffee mug, in the microwave! Have no fear, I have the recipe and a picture. Grab a coffee cup 'cause here we go!
What you need:
Cake:
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp sugar
1 egg
2 tbsp sour cream
vanilla
1/4 cup flour
1/8 tsp baking powder
Soften butter in the coffee cup in the microwave for 10 to 15 sec. Stir in sugar and mix until fluffy (about 30 sec.). In a bowl, mix one egg and add half to your coffee cup. Stir in sour cream and a few droplets of vanilla (you can taste at the end and add more if needed). Stir in flour and baking powder.
Topping:
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp flour
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
In a bowl, smash all the above goodies until crumbly. Pour on top of mixture in the coffee cup.
Microwave 1 min. Then microwave additional 10 sec. until done.
I made mine in a clear mug so you can see the layers. It would be much prettier in a cute coffee cup. Who am I kidding, who's looking at the coffee cup?
Here's the orginal recipe: http://www.prudentbaby.com/2011/10/cup-of-coffee-cake-in-under-five.html
No comments:
Post a Comment